Our client, a community-based organization, with locations in Brooklyn and the Bronx is looking for Mental Health Clinicians. These are hybrid roles and we welcome recent recipients of their social worker license.
Position Overview: The primary responsibility of the Mental Health Clinician is to provide clinical services to 35-40 participants and their family members and complete documentation regarding the provision of these services. The Mental Health Clinician also supports the agency in supervising Clinical Mental Health Interns and in other necessary responsibilities of the Mental Health team as necessary. This position reports to the Vice President of Mental Health Services and works closely with the President and Founder.
Essential Job Functions
clinical services to 30-35 individual participants and their family members, through weekly individual and family psychotherapy sessions of 30-45 minutes in length
case management for all individuals and families who are impacted by incarceration through advocacy in schools, court and contact with ACS and foster care agencies
all clinical documentation to sustain the regulations and requirements outlined by the Office of Mental Health, including Progress Notes, Contact Notes, Treatment Plans, Annual Comprehensive Updates, Assessments, Consent Forms, and any other related necessary documentation.
- Coordinate all necessary forms of communication and introductions to new mentors and therapeutic supportive team members.
monthly one-hour workshops on therapeutic themes to best support mentors’ abilities to best support and form strong attachments with the children in the program.
- Task-manage 1-2 Mental Health Interns on administrative responsibilities, including clinical paperwork.
in collaboration with the Vice President of Mental Health Services and the President in completing applications for grants, awards and certifications for the mental health department and t the ADA requires employers to keep confidential any medical information they learn about any applicant or employee. Medical information includes not only a diagnosis or treatments, but also the fact that an individual has requested or is receiving a reasonable accommodation. as these opportunities arise
in collaboration with the President and the Vice President of Mental Health services to communicate the mission, services and structure of our organization to outside agencies, press, and universities as these inquiries arise
- Perform other duties as assigned
After-Hours Crisis Management
- Must be available after hours to respond to emergencies
for tending to crisis with the clinical team for any emergencies with clients that may take place after operating hours
Required Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work is required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in social work field
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a must
- A demonstrated ability to coordinate, inspire, and motivate others
- High level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience working in an ethnically diverse community
- Clear background check and clear fingerprinting from OMH
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Excellent computer skills